IP Scanner scans your local area network to determine the identity of all machines and Internet devices on the LAN. Powerful results, yet easy and intuitive to use. Runs on OS X 10.5 Leopard and above. Free to use on small networks (up to 6 devices) and $29.99 for larger networks.
IP Scanner is designed to allow you to customize your scan results; once a device has been identified, you may assign it a custom icon and name to more easily recognize it at a glance.
If, when you launch the app, your browser is redirected to a German youtube clip, it means you are using a pirated serial number! The app will still work, but consider buying a license at some point!
Other notable features:
- Sort network list by device name, IP address, MAC address or Last Seen
- Get an overview of the current network or view changes over time in the ‘cumulative mode’
- Highly configurable display – don’t need to see the MAC address column…don’t display it! Text too small…make it larger!
- Double-click a device to obtain more information and to customize its appearance; assign custom icons based on MAC address or IP number
- Add devices you know to a whitelist to better highlight new/unknown ones
- Right-click a device to initiate Ping or port scans
- Local network segments are scanned automatically; custom ranges may be added manually